Cyclist spotting

An early 06:00 start to walk from my hotel to the ferry book in by 07:00.  I soon spot a number of 
cycle helmets dangling on rucksacks. A sure sign of Channel to Med riders. They are a friendly lot, but all can claim to have done one, or many  such adventures in the past, so I'm definitely a newbie.
Lots of bike talk ensues as we cross the channel to Ouistreham. A very calm crossing with a chance of some late breakfast, a doze, some chat and read of my chosen book for the holiday.
Numerous WhatsApp messages pinging around sorting bag pick-ups and pre ride meetings. Sunny in Ouistreham!
Le ping pong! 
A view of the not to distant ferry port

So far I've seen two games of petonque but have yet to spot a Gallic shrug! 

Went for a wander down Sword beach.
There are really well done memorials to the D day landings. Each tree has the name of a soldier attached to a post. 

I shall have to find out how to rotate these! 

Comments

  1. We're looking forward to following from afar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying following your journey from the comfort of my sofa 😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An old git on a bike

Day 11.Ventoux

Day 14. To the sea!