Day 2.il fait pleut

All ready to ride off from Bagnoles de l'Orne at 0845ish. The skies are an angry grey and rain seems inevitable. Put my overshoes and rain proof jacket on in preparation. Decide to go without the bar bag today as the brew stops provide more than enough food/snacks to keep me going.
Quite lumpy terrain to begin, with longish gradual climbs. Pass through any number of neat small French villages. All grey closed shuttered buildings with no signs of life apart from the odd parked car
On the way to the first brew stop in St. Cyr en Pail

Find my GPS device is a little problematic as it is always oriented to the North. As we are generally heading south this means that I have to mentally reverse the on screen map to figure out which way to turn. Hilarity ensues as I often get this wrong!
Also, I still tend to start off from a brew stop cycling on the left, and then I remember that I'm in France! 
We travelled down many deserted roads with hardly a pot hole in sight! 
Lunch! Pizza and chips in a warm road side restaurant. Bikes strewn everywhere! I arrived later than intended as rain on glasses and on GPS meant that I missed the turning and headed an extra mile up a hill for no good reason! 
Sille de Guillaume. A town built on a very steep hill with lots of windy streets!
Noyern-sur-Sarther

The weather finally decides to clear after the last brew stop, so the final 20ish miles were really pleasant, especially as much of it was downhill! 

Out in the evening for a group meal

On the Canadian table

The stats.. 

Comments

  1. I see one grey village in the middle of the countryside looks much like any other until the sun shines.. commenting from yet another grey village in the countryside

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you’re having a great time and not letting the tech get in your way of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Mick. Have you played with the settings you should be able to unfix the north orientation or otherwise have you tried turning the device 180

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An old git on a bike

Day 11.Ventoux

Day 14. To the sea!