Day 6. Felt a bit crap early on tbh!

Has a bad night's sleep and still coughing and spluttering, so not at my best. Fortunately cycling is the cure for most ills!

I left a little later than the main group, as I was faffing with the bike. So initially I was riding solo with the morning sun on my eyes. As a result I missed a turning, which didn't do much to improve my mood!

Peak Tours Jon, who sweeps up the rear of the ride, came to escort me along for the last few miles to the first brew stop.

Evidently it turns out that all I needed was a little coffee, a banana an biscuit and I was back to "normal" (citation needed)
The shady tree lined roads helped lift my mood further as did the scenery. 
Puy de dome in the distance
The Tour leaders laid on another excellent picnic lunch, where we celebrated Eduardo's birthday with a small cake, card and almost tunefull "Happy birthday"

And so I set off for the next brew stop. Some long straight climbs and more wonderful scenery. I actually arrived first, which was a pleasant surprise considering my lethargic first leg.
And so, to the climb of the first real col of the tour. The col de Guery (1268m). Fortunately much of the climb was in shade, so it was simply a case of engaging granny gears and spin!
Isabelle was at the col summit to applaud and give encouragement! It was quite a hot, sweaty experience, but well worth the effort.
One sweaty cyclist! 
The long descent to Mont Dor followed
I'm now in the Grand Hotel. 

It has a spiral staircase! 
My room has a bath shower which is a very odd contraption! 

So the day ended really well after quite a dubious start! 

The stats

Comments

  1. I do hope your poor thighs didn’t have to climb too many of those picturesque stairs to reach the long hot soak they deserved? Congratulations on getting to the top of the col.. lovely photos.. keep them coming .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An old git on a bike

Day 11.Ventoux

Day 14. To the sea!