Day 9. it's all down hill from here..
The early shade made the early long but relatively gentle climb quite manageable, but what I gain on the ascent i lose on the descent.
All major rivers from here on drain to the Mediterranean. A marvelous long winding descent follows. Had to make occasional stops to flex my stiff neck (stiff from looking up while on the drop handlebars. The only way that I can brake effectively) and to take the occasional photo.
After Altier the road again rises before leading to an even longer descent. It was either longer in distance or longer in altitude compared to the first descenti.im not sure which!
Quite a mixture of geology. Limestone, Lava, Ash, mudstone and various cuttings where I was paying more attention to the road than to the rock types.
Time for a swim in the pool!
The stats
Wonderful stuff, Mike ❤️
ReplyDelete